Memorial University Grenfell Campus
about Memorial University Grenfell Campus
Grenfell Campus is located in picturesque Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada, a city of 20,000 with a population of 45,000 in the surrounding area. Corner Brook has all the amenities of a larger city with the charm of a smaller town. Corner Brook is located on the island portion of Newfoundland and Labrador, the eastern-most province of Canada. The population of approximately half a million people is spread out over a large geographical area. Our province is known for friendly, welcoming people and a clean, healthy and safe environment.
Summers are warm but not too hot – in July temperatures usually range between 21 and 27 °C. Winters are very snowy, with temperatures ranging from 0 to -20 °C.
- 1,400 (undergraduate and graduate)
- Canadian: 85%
- International: 15%
Countries most represented are: India, Bangladesh, Belize, Mauritius, Nigeria, South Korea, and Taiwan.
- Grenfell is proud of its small class sizes. There is a 1:17 professor to student ratio
- Thanks to generous funding from the provincial government, Grenfell Campus offers tuition which is amongst the lowest in Canada for both Canadian and International students. International student tuition is $11,460 for two semesters
- Grenfell students can take part in more than 15 student groups and societies. Grenfell Campus is growing. New buildings and residences are going up on campus and our research dollars have increased by ten times in the last ten years
- The observatory at Grenfell Campus houses Atlantic Canada’s largest astronomical telescope
- Our library‘s collection contains more than 107,000 books, 440 current journal subscriptions and access to even more print and online resources
- Grenfell Campus is a campus of Memorial University, which was founded in 1925 and is the second largest university in Atlantic Canada
- Memorial University has achieved top 400 ranking in the Academic Ranking of World Universities
- Memorial University consistently ranks in the top five comprehensive universities in the MacLean’s magazine ranking of Canadian universities